Camp Summaries

Last week held one of the most highly anticipated events of the year: school camp!

Camp fun in Angahook! by Mardi

For Grade Three Camp, we went to Angahook. 3RK and 3SD went from Monday to Wednesday, and my class and 3CW went Wednesday to Friday.

On the way we stopped at Rippleside Park and Urqhart’s Bluff. At Rippleside park, we stopped for snack, and we also got our camp books there. In our camp books it said who was in our activities group. At Urqhart’s Bluff, we stopped for lunch.

Day 1: My group did Archery and Photo Trail. In the Photo Trail, you would go around the camp and look for the picture on your card. Once you found it, you got another card, etc.

Day 2: We went to the beach and found four starfish and a couple crab legs. We also had a sandcastle competition. That night we watched Oddball, the movie.

Day 3: My group did Low Ropes and Hut Building, but it was too wet for hut building so we played games. Later that day we got on the bus and went home.

What I Liked About Camp by David

I really loved Archery – 100%.

I really liked the bunk rooms. I don’t like sleeping down on the bottom bunk, so I went on the top. I had a lot of friends staying in my bunk room.

Even the sandcastle competition was fun. I worked with my best friend.
The games room was so fun. I really enjoyed it.

I even loved the hot dogs. I ate 4. That is so many hot dogs. At dinner on Day 1, three boys had three bowls of  spaghetti bolognese.

I did not like the room inspection.

Camp 2 grade 3WJ & 3CW by Greer

On the 7th, 8th & 9th of September, grade 3WJ and 3CW went on camp to Anghook Holiday Camp. We arrived in the afternoon. We all did two activities. My group did Archery and Photo Trail. I was in a group with Nina, Orla, Audrey, Maggie, Isaac, Harry, Nathanuel and Louis W. We all had fun.

We had cabins with bunk beds. In my bunkroom, we all got to sleep on the top bed. I slept in a room with Marley, Tabi, Lola, Rhea and Anastasia. We had room inspections and always scored very highly because we worked together as a team.

Camp by Jaimie
________
At seven o’clock in the morning and at seven at night, we had room inspection. Room inspection is when your whole cabin tidies your bunk room. When our teachers (Whitney,Felicity & Kate) come in, they look around the cabin and give you points for how clean it is. One of the things we lost points for was the shoes out the front. Our cabin tidied them up so we got some bonus points. My cabin friends were Lily, Olivia, Nicky, Nina, Ivy and Maggie.

At Angahook, the food was delicious. Every morning we had toast, cereal, juice and water. The duty groups would set it up. Duty groups is a job that your whole cabin is assigned to do, and it includes setting the table and tending to the people on their table’s needs. It also includes cleaning up afterwards. For morning tea, we usually had a piece of fruit, cordial, water and a muffin or biscuit. For lunch, we had hotdogs on the beach for the first day and salad sandwiches on the second. For afternoon tea, we had a biscuit, a piece of fruit, cordial and water. Finally for dinner, we had three course meals. On the first night, we had tomato soup, Spaghetti Bolognese and Frog in the Pond. On the second, we had chicken noodle soup, chickadees with mashed potatoes and corn, and
chocolate mousse.

I had the best time I could ask for.

In coming… Camp! by Jamie
On the bus, we had two stops: one for snack and one for lunch. The first stop was at Geelong. The second stop was at Urqharts Bluff. Everyone had tons of fun.
The first thing that we did was get into our bunks. Everyone chose the top bunks, so I had to have the bottom bunk. Then we went to the giant chessboard and met the staff and went to our first activities in our groups. My first activity was archery.

On the first night we went on a night walk and learnt about night animals, and the people who took us were from Ecologic. They also told us about under water animals at the beach, and then we had a sandcastle competition.

That night we watched the movie Oddball, and it was really funny. There was also a games room that had a table tennis table where I really liked to play.

Ping pong 🏓–🏓 by Isaac

One of the best things about Angahook Camp was the Ping Pong game because I was the champion at it. The other games I played were Giant Ping Pong, Sting Pong and normal Ping Pong with Jamie. Also we played ‘Don’t drop the ball’ as well.