Students have been learning about how to create a positive digital footprint while staying safe online.
So what do students need to know about digital footprints?
- the internet is a public space with a large audience
- digital footprints can be searched or shared
- once online, things can be there forever
- you should always think before you post online
- you should keep certain personal details private
- individuals can take control of their digital footprints
- digital footprints can be helpful or harmful to reputations
Internet safety is of utmost important to us.
Through blogging, the students have the opportunity to learn about appropriate online behaviours in an authentic and supervised setting.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging:
- Students’ first names, photos, work, video and school name MAY be included on the blog.
- Students’ surnames, address, email address, phone number, specific plans, date of birth and other personal information WILL NOT be included on the blog.
- Posts written by the students will be checked by a teacher before they are published on the blog.
- All comments must be approved by a teacher before they are included on the blog.
- Students will be encouraged to comment on other class/student blogs with teacher/parent supervision.
- All students must have parental permission to have their photo and videos appear on the blog.